Sunday, October 5, 2014

Reason, Reckoning, and Lessons from a Freethinking Dog

Hello Friends! I want to send a big thank you out to Jack and Grace for their generous donations to our Little Free Library. From the very beginning, Jack and his family have been huge supporters of Skookum. Jack and his wife attended our Skookum Launch Party in December of last year and his son is one of our Kickstarter Backers

I also want to thank my mom Grace. She is a voracious reader and sent up a ton of books a few weeks ago. Her dedication and commitment to educating others has been incredibly inspirational. In fact, after we installed Skookum I dedicated the structure to her and my father. They have always been supportive of literacy and lifelong learning.

So, on to the books! It's a bit academic this month with the Theories of Social Inequality, Oriental Enlightenment, The Use and Abuse of History, and the Surrender of Culture to Technology. I find if I have any difficulty sleeping, I just grab one of these books and I'm out in about 30 minutes. Fans of Naomi Klein will appreciate her work on the globalization debate. For lighter reading, you may want to check out Merle's Door or School Days.

For the tweens, we have Invisible in the Third Grade, The Mystery of the Dark House, and Ice:

For the wee ones, I've stocked a few board books such as Night Night, Baby and Animal Crackers:


And finally a big shout out to our Skookum visitors! Hello Dakota, Mom and Dad! Addy and Paige! And Melea! We hope you enjoyed visiting the Little Library and if you have any suggestions for books please feel free to leave a note and I will see what I can find!



Hope you have an amazing day! And if you have a moment, check out Robert Frost's October.

Cheers!

Jacqueline

No comments:

Post a Comment